Running 2.9km can be finished in 20 – 30 minutes! Up to the challenge?
Qatar’s National Sport Day will be marked on Tuesday, 14 February 2017, and AZF has set the Fun Run for you to test your fitness level.
Whether you like running or prefer walking leisurely, this one-lap race will allow you to tour around Aspire’s world-class facilities, and everyone that finishes is a winner.
Lineup starts at 8am. So, be close to the start line if you are a cheetah or near the back if you are a youngster or a social runner; and at the back if you have a push chair for everyone’s safety. The finish line will be where you started.
First come, first served
1) Bring your QID OR Passport. You will be asked for an email address as well when registering and to sign a legal waiver.
2) Registration will be from 6 - 7:45 am. Limited numbers are available. So, first come, first served.
3) You can get your bib number from Aspire Dome, the main spectators’ entrance.
· Bag drop will be available at the start line but unmanned.
· Be at the start line 10 minutes before the beginning of the race for a final race brief.
· All children under 14 must have an adult running the whole course with them, and they need to be supervised. AZF staff won’t have time to do this!
· There will be one water station at the start/finish line. So, we recommend that you bring water or drinks to stay hydrated.
· There will have route marshals to guide you throughout the course.
· In case of any emergency, you should proceed to the nearest marshal. The Red Crescent will be in attendance.
· No bikes, roller blades or skateboards are allowed.
· We expect Aspire Zone to be quite busy. You might need to park away from the event start. Make sure to follow parking signs everywhere.
Day: Tuesday, 14 February
Registration: 6 - 7:45 am
Race: 8 – 9:30 am
Audience: All community members
Place: Opposite to Khalifa International Stadium VIP Entrance, near The TORCH DOHA Hotel